Yamaji Art – Become a Yamaji Art Artist!
CALL FOR | Yamaji Art – Become a Yamaji Art Artist!
Thursday, 1 September 2016
Yamaji Art in Geraldton WA has introduced an on-line registration form for Aboriginal artists living in the Yamaji region (lower Murchison).
Yamaji Art provides opportunities for you to create and
sell your work!
Over the past few years artists (including Amangu,
Nhanagardi, Naaguja, Badimaya, Wajarri, Wilunyu and Nyoongar,
Yinggarda and Ngaanyatjarra artists) have enjoyed success from
working with Yamaji Art.
Opportunites have included:
- ‘Ilgarijiri – things belonging to the skys’ –
multidisciplinary art program that has included the making of
documentary ‘Beyond Galileo’, bush trip, 6 exhibitions of work
(state, national and international), public art project, book with
- Participation in the Revealed Marketplace as part of the
Indigenous Art Awards
- Participation in state-wide exhibitions including Port
Headland Art Awards, Exmouth Art Awards, and the Inaugural Mid West
Art Award – artists have received awards, including highly
commended awards and winners awards
- Textile artists work featuring in international fashion
range with Antipodium
- Logo and artwork useage projects including MMDAEP, Money
Business , CHOGM and book by Oxford University Press
- Links with professional galleries nationally and
All artworks are sold through Yamaji Art
All income received through the sale of artwork goes to
the artists and the art centre. In turn, the art centre performs a
range of functions which support established, emerging and novice
artists in culturally appropriate ways.
This means that Yamaji Art ensures:
- 100% returns back to the Aboriginal artist and the art
- fostering of cultural maintenance and
- best practice in the making, marketing and distribution
of Aboriginal Art;
- ensuring artists work in decent conditions and have their
rights protected; and
- compliance with the Indigenous Australian Art Commercial
Code of Conduct.
CLICK HERE to
register. Alternatively visit the art centre at
205 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA for a
chat, or get in touch via (08) 9965 3440
16.08.17: RE-ADVERTISED | AACHWA CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERThe AACHWA Board of Directors is currently seeking a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). We require a leader with outstanding communications skills to build stakeholder relations and drive our strategic priorities forward. Read more
02.05.17: EMPLOYMENT | Desart seeks Executive AdministratorDesart is looking for a team player who is enthusiastic, innovative and ready to support the CEO and organisation. The Executive Administrator position is a full-time role newly created to fulfil the growing needs of the organisation and membership. Read more