CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
OUR FUTURE: AACHWA Aboriginal Arts Worker Training Program is a unique opportunity to be involved in a tailored program for community-based arts workers. Selected participants will go behind the scenes at major cultural institutions and assist with installation of objects.
What is the Program?
In partnership with the Western Australian Museum (WAM), Art Gallery of Western Australia (AGWA) and North Metropolitan TAFE (NMT), AACHWA will host 5 Aboriginal arts workers in Perth in November 2021, and at a regional art centre in February/March 2022. This is an accredited training program. For a full description of the program please see program information booklet.
Each trainee will attend:
• 2-day internship at the WA Museum.
• 2-day internship at the Art Gallery of WA.
• Tailored tutorials onsite at North Metropolitan TAFE.
• Behind the scenes tours of a range of cultural collections throughout Perth.
• Networking and social events.
Travel, accommodation and per diems will be covered for the duration of the program. Literacy and numeracy support will be provided throughout the program. All training and enrolment costs are covered by AACHWA.
Successful candidates will need to show that they:
• have worked with an art centre or in an arts related field for at least 6 months
• show engagement with exhibition development/curating, art installation or pursuing professional development in the arts
• can travel during November 2021 and Feb/March 2022 (dates to be confirmed – for the November 2021 round they are expected to be 8 – 19 November)
• can commit to the full program of events, including the two weeks in Perth, as well as the 2nd training block run at a regionally based art centre for 6 days in February/March 2022 (location to be confirmed)
HOW TO APPLY
• AACHWA member arts centres are invited to nominate a participant to be considered for this internship.
• Fill in nomination form (CLICK HERE). Please include all requested details i.e., name of person nominating (art centre manager), nominee (arts worker) details, and nominee biography outlining prior experience. Note, bio will be used for promotion and introduction to staff running workshops.
• One clear photograph of nominee (head shot) that can be used for promotional purposes and by training staff.
• Signed declaration (by nominee) of commitment to the program and associated requirements.
Email nomination forms to Glenda Dixon at email@example.com no later than COB Monday 27th September 2021. If you have any questions, please call the AACHWA office on: 08 9200 6248 or email Glenda.