AACHWA Accounts Manager
Location: Beaufort Centre, L3 82 Beaufort Street, Perth WA 6000
Hours: Part-time, flexible up to 15 hours per week
Term: 12-month fixed-term contract
Remuneration: competitive market-based remuneration
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reporting Staff: Finance Officer
Other benefits: Generous salary sacrifice options are available.
The Aboriginal Arts Hub Centre of Western Australia (AACHWA) advocates on behalf of its members, 24 arts centres located in regional and remote Western Australia. AACHWA delivers professional development programs for managers, boards, and artists; provides recruitment advice and services; and acts as an advocate to, and central point of contact for, Regional, State and Federal funding bodies.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accounts Manager is a key position in the organisation.
Due to growth in funding and in the complexity of its operations AACHWA is looking to recruit a part time qualified accountant to support the organisation.
This role entails handling all the accounting and book-keeping responsibilities of the organisation according to organisational policy and reporting standards. The position is also responsible for payroll preparation, and contributes to financial reporting, budget preparation, and audit mechanisms.
The position will supervise a bookkeeper who will have day to day responsibility for accounting entries and certain reconciliations.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare annual and project budgets in conjunction with Operations Manager for Finance Committee approval;
- Assist with project budgets for funding applications;
- Prepare monthly accounts with a commentary on budget to actual variances;
- Review and in some cases prepare monthly reconciliations;
- Establish effective internal financial controls;
- Review and recommend for approval amendments to accounting related Policies and Procedures to ensure they remain current and contemporary;
- In conjunction with Operations Manager, work with project teams on funder compliance and acquittals; and
- Ensure all statutory obligations are discharged specifically, BAS, super, tax and audit.
The Accounts Manager has a significant positive impact on the organisation, providing financial support and advice to ensure the efficient functioning of AACHWA’s day to day operations and its statutory and other compliance obligations.
For any questions about the position, please contact AACHWA Treasurer John McLean firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm AWST Friday 8th December 2023.